2x Knorr Parma-Rosa Sauce Mix or Home made Parma-Rosa Sauce
2x Fresh stuffed pasta packages ( I chose 1x Stuffed with Brie Cheese and 1x Stuffed with Mushrooms)
3x Sausage of choice ( I chose 2x Sea Salt and Pepper and 1x Honey Garlic) buy from butcher or store made.
3x Thick Cut Bacon Slice
3x Small/Medium Leaks
8-12 Mini-Bella Mushrooms
1x Garlic Clove
3 Cups of Milk
2 tbsp of Becel Margarine
Fresh Parmesan (Graded or brick) not the Kraft Stuff
Makes 4-6 Servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Celsius. Take out the sausages and puncture them with a fork. This will allow the grease to come out in the cooking process. Once the oven is ready, cook the sausages for 15-20 minutes. If the sausages don’t look cooked after 20 mins, turn them, and cook for another 15 minutes. Pour water in a sauce pan and put your broccoli to steam.
- Chop your mushrooms in quarters, and slice your bacon strips in one inch sections. Warm up a frying pan (medium heat), and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once the oil is hot drop in the mushrooms and bacon.
3. Only take the light green part of the leaks. Halve them and chop them finely. You can chop up your garlic clove at this point also.
4. Check your broccoli and see if it is cooked. If the broccoli is soft when punctured by a fork then it is ready. Take off from the burner and drain water. Set it aside.
5. By this point your sausages should be close to ready. When they are ready, slice them up, and add them to the mushrooms and bacon.
6. When the mushrooms/bacon are almost cooked, you can add the broccoli, leaks, and garlic. You might have to add an extra tbsp of olive oil to prevent the mixture from burning.
7. In large pan, fill up with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Add pasta once the water is boiling. At them same time you are boiling the water for the pasta, add 3 cups of milk, 2 tbsp of Becel margarine, and the Parma-Rosa packets to another saucepan. Stirring occasionally, your pasta should take 5-8 minutes to cook, but follow the instructions on the package to make sure. Whisk your sauce constantly at a medium to medium high heat until it boils. Reduce heat to medium low when it starts boiling and simmer for 4 minutes. Add pepper to the sauce to taste.
8. Once the sauce is ready, mix it with all the other ingredients. Take some fresh Parmesan and sprinkle on top.
9. Voila, a ridiculously delicious and fattening pasta recipe 🙂